FLASH is not money, it’s a much bigger idea than money. It’s a community supported blockchain designed for small and fast transactions. People can send and receive FLASH and use it for just about anything, limited only by their imaginations.There are only 900m coins and they were all distributed to the community.
FLASH is based on Litecoin, but even lighter. It’s very efficient and because the mining is minimal and done by volunteers, transaction fees are very low. Our goal is to create a safe and secure environment for community members to participate in FLASH and facilitate communications and commerce without friction. Security is provided through our unique distributed node based governance model that we call GovNodes.
FLASH supports any legal cryptocurrency exchange, including decentralized exchanges. Our community occasionally contributes funds to get FLASH listed. FLASH is ideal for exchanges, as the transfer speeds and transaction costs are very low and because it is based on LTC, integration. If you operate an exchange and are interested in listing FLASH, please contact support at FLASHCOIN dot io to receive a file with details on our source code repo for exchanges and a legal opinion regarding FLASH’s status as a security token (it’s a community coin, not a security)
With the web wallet, you can use an email address or your public address for sending and receiving coins.
The web wallet supports most browsers and mobile devices. There's nothing to download or install for maximum convenience.FLASH WEB WALLET
FLASH GovNodes are another unique and streamlined feature of FLASH that we think will help keep FLASH as a friendly and “low tax” zone for crypto.
- There will be 151 FLASH GovNodes (Governance Nodes) operated by FLASH Delegates. These govern the FLASH blockchain and software.
- The GovNodes will be operated and administered by a subset of FLASH holders. In order to have the right to run a GovNode, a person
will be required to acquire and maintain ownership of, or “stake”, 1,000,000 FLASH, which must remain “staked” for as long as he operates a GovNode. In addition, a foundation based in Liechtenstein will be responsible for the ongoing development of the GovNodes and the maintenance of the FLASHcoin Software.
FLASHcoin is a delegated proof of work protocol that enables quicker and more efficient processing of blockchain transactions than other proof of work protocols. The consensus of all the GovNodes randomly assigns the validation of FLASH transactions to a subset of several dozen mining nodes. This allows for quicker processing times than traditional proof of work based protocols, which require a much larger number of mining nodes to validate transactions. Any FLASH holder has the opportunity to operate a mining node and be eligible to participate in the validation of FLASH transactions by staking 10,000,000 FLASH.
- The GovNodes also assist in the governance of Flashcoin. FLASH holders can propose changes to the Software, governance or transaction fee
structure of Flashcoin by posting proposals on the Flashcoin.io website. Proposals can then be nominated for an official vote by receiving at least ten affirmative votes from the GovNodes. If within 30 days of being posted on Flashcoin.io, a proposal receives ten GovNode votes in its favor, the proposal is eligible for a full vote of all the GovNodes. A proposal may then be adopted by an affirmative vote of either a majority or a supermajority of the GovNodes, depending on the nature of the proposal. Each GovNode is entitled to one vote, which is cast using a special encrypted key allowing for a digital signature that is unique to each GovNode.
- A GovNode may be transferred to any other party at will and for any reason, however, it can only vote once on any issue. It allows secure digital signing to prove ownership of the asset and will be used in the future to migrate to a FLASH wallet that integrates the GovNode.
Please note: We plan to move to decentralized DPOW and governance model in Q2 2018 and will release the new version of whitepaper for the same in Q1 2018 as mentioned in our roadmap.
FLASH is being optimized to support applications in the $1 Trillion remittance market. We have exchanges in UAE, India, Mexico and Liechtenstein that have agreed to participate.
The features are broken into several categories:
- Launch of FLASH Android Wallet
- Launch of Merchant Services
- Blockchain Upgrade
- DPOW Whitepaper Launch
- New features addition and stability improvement
- Multi cryptocurrencies support- BTC, BCH, LTC
- Support for Mammoth.li Exchange
- Testnet launch of FLASH DPOW and GovNodes
- Release of FLASH iOS wallet
- Adding new features to Merchant Services
- Regional Exchanges partnership and allow FIAT deposits and withdrawals
- Mainnet Launch of FLASH DPOW and GovNodes
- Multi Address support
- Import and Export of Private keys
- Addition of ETH and more cryptocurrencies
- Launch of Credit Card purchase
- Launch of Remittance
- Adding new features to Remittance
- Launch of Human Teller Machine ( HTM )
- Launch of FLASH Web Wallet 2.0
- Hardware Wallet support
- Introducing FLASH SWAP
- Launch of Cold storage as service
- Launch of FLASH proprietary USB container for Cold storage
- Addition of more cryptocurrencies
- FLASH Mobile App Wallet 2.0 - Decentralized
- FLASH Decentralized Chat Service
- FLASH Web Wallet 3.0 - Decentralized