How to Buy Bitcoin using Coinbase
So it’s your first time buying Bitcoin? Welcome, we’re glad to have you aboard, and hope we can guide you on this exciting journey.
Using a Web Browser
- We recommend you start out by visiting Coinbase.com or if you use this referral link, you’ll receive $10 extra Bitcoin when you purchase $100 worth and you’ll also help support the Flash community who develops these tutorials; we appreciate your support! https://www.coinbase.com/join/5a999611dcf1a7024a3a77f4
- Sign up for an account (the usual name, password, email) and take a moment to verify your email and phone number. We also recommend you setup 2-factor authentication for added security.
- Login to the site.
- Go to the Buy/Sell page.
- Select the type of digital currency you'd like to buy (ex. Bitcoin).
- Select your payment method. Since it’s your first time, you’ll need to select + Add a new account.
- Enter the amount you'd like to purchase denominated in either digital currency or your local currency. Don’t worry, you don’t need to purchase a whole Bitcoin and can purchase incremental units called satoshis (think of them as cents to the dollar).
- When you click Buy the first time, you’ll be prompted to review your order and verify it looks correct. If everything checks out, then click Buy to complete your purchase. Congratulations on owning your first Bitcoin!
Using iOS or Android Apps
- Select the currency you wish to purchase from the main screen or the Accounts menu (ex. Bitcoin).
- Click Buy.
- Select your payment method.
- Enter the amount you'd like to purchase denominated in either digital currency or your local currency.
- When you click Buy the first time, you’ll be prompted to review your order and verify it looks correct. If everything checks out, then click Buy to complete your purchase.
How to Send Bitcoin to a Cryptocurrency Exchange
So you’ve purchased Bitcoin. The next step in your journey is moving that Bitcoin to an exchange so you can use it for trading. Example: Sending from Coinbase to Cryptopia Exchange
Jump into your Coinbase account and then at the top of your screen select Accounts (if you’re on mobile then Accounts will be at the bottom of your screen).
Next, choose the cryptocurrency that you want to send from your Coinbase wallet to the Cryptopia exchange.
To view where the Flash token can be purchased, go to www.coinmarketcap.com and search for Flash in the search bar. Click the Markets tab to view the exchanges where the Flash token can be bought.
- Login to the exchange (ex. Cryptopia) or setup your account if you don’t have one yet. Hover your mouse over the B icon next to your username at the top of the page. A menu will appear with four options, select Deposit.
Choose Bitcoin (BTC) from the drop-down menu and click Next.
Copy the deposit address. In a moment, you’ll need to paste this address into Coinbase.
Return to the Coinbase website and select Accounts. Beneath the BTC Wallet, click on Send. Paste the address you previously copied from Cryptopia, enter the amount you wish to send, and then select Continue.
You’ll be prompted one last time to review your transaction. If everything looks good, click Send. You’re done!
Your Bitcoin will now be transferred from your Coinbase to your Cryptopia account. It may take as little as 15-30 minutes (but may be longer during times of high traffic). You can verify the transaction has completed on your Cryptopia account via the Balances tab. You can also check on Coinbase via the Accounts tab whether the transaction has completed.Although it adds a few extra steps, you can activate your account on GDAX.com (which is part of the Coinbase organization), transfer your coins from Coinbase to GDAX, and then withdraw from GDAX to Cryptopia with $0 in transaction fees.
How to Buy Flash token on an Exchange
So you’ve setup your accounts, you’ve transferred Bitcoin to an exchange, and now you’re ready to trade that Bitcoin for Flash and become a proud owner and member of the Flash community. Example: Buying on Cryptopia
- Once your Bitcoin is available in your Balance tab on Cryptopia, click on Exchange in the top left corner and choose Markets.
- On the left panel, select BTC, and then enter Flash in the Search markets … box. The list should narrow down to display only Flash. Click on the Flash listing to load the details on the right-hand panel.
- You will now see a graph of Flash’s performance over the past two days and two boxes below them labeled BUY FLASH and SELL FLASH.
- In the BUY FLASH box, enter the Price in Bitcoins that you would like to pay per Flash. Important: This price is in Bitcoins, not in USD!
Then enter the amount of Flash you would like to buy in the Amount box. You’ll see a breakdown of the fee and the total payable amount below that. Tip: You can have Cryptopia automatically calculate the maximum amount of Flash you can buy when you click on your available balance in the top right-hand corner of the BUY FLASH box.
- Then click the BUY FLASH button to submit the order.
To sell Flash coin, click the SELL FLASH button and enter the price you would like to sell for in the Price field as well as the amount of Flash you would like to sell in the Amount field.
The order will now join the order book and will be fulfilled once a seller sells for that price. You will get an on-screen notification once the order has been fulfilled. You will also see your new Flash tokens on your Balance screen.
If you want to change your purchase price while the order is still open, you can scroll down the page to the My Open Orders box, click the Red Cross next to your order to cancel it, and then repeat steps 4 to 6 above to submit a different order.
At any point if you have any questions, please reach out to us via our Discord chat. Our moderators and community are always happy to help and appreciate your feedback.